Sunday, January 6, 2019

December Letter

Dear Family & Friends,

Hi! I have had a great last month of 2018! I have done so much and had so many good experiences. A tradition of ours is to go down to Temple Square, and see the lights. It was cold, but we enjoyed walking around the square and seeing the house of God.


We decided to do something special for the widows in our ward. Me and my brothers cooked them soup and rolls for a nice dinner. It was cool to be able to serve these nice ladies that have been in our ward for so long.

We made two gingerbread houses this year. Usually, gingerbread houses are a cause of misery and frustration. This year however, they were only slightly annoying. :) It was fun decorating them.


My parents were in charge of the neighborhood Christmas party this year. We had a lot of good breakfast casseroles, a play by the children, and a special guest with a white beard. My grandpa was in town for Christmas, so that was cool. I am sad I had to miss the first hour because of a work meeting. 


Every year, we have a Christmas party at my Aunt Melissa's house. She works hard to make sure we have an excellent party. We always do a cousin gift exchange, and Aunt Melissa got me some sports gear for Bayern Munich, my favorite soccer team. The team is based in Germany, which makes sense that I like them considering my last name.


I have been in desperate need of a new phone. With my old one, there was a 50/50 chance that my phone wouldn't send or receive a text message. I am grateful that my parents gave me a new phone for Christmas.


High school soccer season is coming back. Because of this, I've started going back to the gym so I can bulk up. I am excited to get stronger and improve my game.


On New Years Eve, we had a nacho bar for dinner. Then, we had a Barnhisel cake war! We all had fun competing to decorate the best cake.

I have recently finished up my second term of school. I have been getting good grades, and I can't wait for the upcoming soccer season. Until next time! Brandon David Barnhisel

No comments:

Post a Comment