Dear Family & Friends,
Hi! I have had a great October! Fall is upon us, so me and my family went for a hike and drive to see the colors. It was really beautiful.
Over my birthday, we went on a cruise to the Bahamas. Every night, we ate dinner in the dining room, and we had the best server every night. The food was always delicious.
The cruise boat was cool. It had a central atrium with glass elevators, and the whole atrium glowed at night.
There was a mini-golf course on the top deck of the ship. It was hard to play because of the wind and tilting of the ship, but we had fun.
On the ship, I entered a Harry Potter trivia. I figured I could do well because of how many times I've read the books. To my surprise, I won with a perfect score. Even more surprising, my dad got second! We both got a cool trophy.
On Saturday, we docked at Princess Cays. This island was the image you think of when you think of a tropical island. White sand and clear water made this an awesome afternoon. We snorkeled and swam in the clear water, and we bought cool souvenirs.
The cruise ship was just so fun. It had 24 hour pizza and ice cream, and my favorite place to go for lunch was Guy's Burger Joint, where I ordered amazing double cheeseburgers with Cajun fries.
On Sunday, we docked in Freeport, which was not as pretty as Princess Cays. However, it was still cool. We found an LDS branch and went to church on the island. The branch president was from Utah, which was cool.
Sunday was also my 15th birthday. I got a coconut cake at dinner, and some candy from my parents. It was awesome.
After our ship docked back in Charleston, we had some time to spend exploring. We found a cool visitor center for the U.S.S Yorktown, an old aircraft carrier. It was so big.
Me and my friends went to the Halloween dance at my school. We ate lots of junk food and talked with our friends. My mom and Sam were there, so I showed my friends Sam. It was a blast.
We went to a Halloween at my uncle Darren and aunt Cindy's house. My whole family went as bikers, even Sam! We had fun eating hamburgers and watching the BYU and Utah Utes football games.
We carved pumpkins two days before Halloween. I carved mine into the boogeyman from "The Nightmare Before Christmas". We had fun trying out some new pumpkin stencils.
Because I turned 15, I went to get my learners permit at the DMV. I passed the test and received my learners permit. Now I can learn to drive with my parents. It was really exciting!
I hope your month has been as good as mine has been. I hope to see y'all soon.
Brandon David Barnhisel
No comments:
Post a Comment