Dear Family & Friends,
Hello everyone! I have had a great September! We spent some time at our neighbor's cabin this month. We got to go horseback riding, but me and Kyle rode on a mule. It was a pretty cool experience! Because Eric had a cross country meet the next day, Eric and I drove home while everyone else stayed the night at the cabin.
Three of my cousins are going to BYU this year! Craig, Grace, and Miriam got to come down for dinner, as well as Grant and Annie. I am glad that I will get to see my cousins more often, because they live in Montana and New Mexico, making chances to see them harder to come by.I have been enjoying my last season of soccer (not including my high school season in the spring). My team has been playing great, and I think we are undefeated. I have been shifted to a new position again, as seems to often happen. I have had the opportunity to play right or left back this season, and I have enjoyed the new challenge. Hopefully I will actually have the opportunity to play my high school season, as opposed to my junior year.
I love Woodland Hills! It is such a unique place to live, and I love the fall colors that we are able to see already. We have a great park near the top of the city, and it is a great place to take Chowder and Sam so they can let out some energy. It is also a great place to throw a frisbee, because we have a lot of space, considering that it is on the mountainside.
I got to go to Homecoming with an amazing girl! Kimee was so fun, and she made the whole day awesome! We went to an escape room, had homemade dinner, and took pictures in front of the beautiful fall colors! We were lucky to be able to get back to school dances at all, due to the fact that the school couldn't host it because of the virus. Instead, the multimillion dollar mansion at the bottom of Woodland Hills made for a great venue, generously offered by the parents of one of my graduating class. It was definitely the most unique place to have a school dance, but I wouldn't trade my Homecoming for anything.
Living on a mountain is great if you love hiking. Our backyard is essentially part of the forest, and there are tons of trails in a mile radius around our house. We decided to walk up this trial which began to the north of our house (down the mountain) and it was a great adventure! It was also a good way to get Chowder worn out so that he would go to bed without issues.
Anyways, this month has been very different, but I have liked it. Next month, I'll turn 18! I am keeping up my grades for the most part. and because of that, I have a great potential scholarship at Utah State in my future. All I have to do is keep my GPA above 3.95, and I'll get a full ride scholarship. I can't wait to put in my mission papers and then go to college. I hope to see you soon!
Love,
Brandon David Barnhisel






No comments:
Post a Comment