Dear Family & Friends,
Hi everyone! I had a great May. I have been going to the track in the morning often. I usually run with my brothers and mom. It's a great way to try to stay fit, especially because I didn't get my soccer season to train and exercise.
Me and my family (excluding the 2 youngest) climbed the mountains around our house. It was a really steep hike, and we even found a solar panel which powered a seismic activity detector in a remote spot on the hillside.
I love my mom! It was Mother's Day this month, and we celebrated by making my mom an awesome meal of shrimp tacos with my homemade cilantro lime sauce. My mom also loved that Mother's Day was on the Sabbath, allowing my brothers, father, and I to prepare and bless the sacrament.
Being stuck at home gives you a lot of time on your hands. My brothers and I spent a lot of it doing yardwork or shooting hoops. When ponds and waterparks started to open up, we started to spend a lot of time in the water. It's felt like summer for so long, because of the shutdown, so it's weird for school to actually be over.
We also have been cooking a lot. We decided to make homemade pizzas one day, and it was even better because we got to use the smoker. We had a great time making the pizzas, but we got a little carried away with the amount of pizzas and ended up with way too much. This was okay because we had leftovers for the next few days.
The pond near our house, Salem Pond, has been really fun. It has a little beach, and people fish, swim, kayak, and sunbathe near it. I even took Sam out in the kayak, which he loved. It has been great to get out in the sun more.
Our family also loves to go on adventures. Near the end of the month , we decided to go to the Grotto, which is up Payson Canyon. It involves a very short hike which ends in a little cave with a waterfall pouring into it. My brothers, dad, and I found out how to climb up near the top of the waterfall, which was really neat.
Anyways, I hope that everyone has had a great month. I finished out my school year with all A's in three out of four terms, and I have realized that I want to pursue a career in aerospace engineering, which was really cool because I didn't know what to do with my life. I was hooked when I watched the SpaceX launch on May 31, the first launch of American astronauts from America in 9 years. SpaceX was also the first private company to launch astronauts to the ISS. I would love to work for SpaceX, and I now have a goal to work towards as I enter my last year of high school. I love you all, and hope to see you soon!
Love,
Brandon David Barnhisel







No comments:
Post a Comment