Thursday, April 2, 2020

March Letter

Dear Family & Friends,

Hey everyone! March has been a really weird and confusing month, but a lot of good things happened. I started my soccer season! I got my uniforms, and we went to Saint George and played three games. We won all three, and I played some goalie and only let in one goal. The only problem is, the virus managed to prevent us from playing our first season game, and now our season is on hold. We might not even get to play.
 While I was in Saint George, Sam turned three! We had a little celebration on Sunday, after I had got home on Saturday night. He is growing so much, and his personality is becoming more defined. I wasn't feeling that great, and I discovered later that I had a sinus infection from Saint George (still better than COVID-19). Some antibiotics cleared it up, but not fast enough for me to go to the Preference dance at my school.
 We decided to go on a walk to the Spanish Fork river bottoms trail. It was fun to get out of the house, which we knew would be harder as time passed. Sam liked riding on our shoulders and throwing rocks into the river.
 On the first day of the nation's self quarantine, we decided to put up the trampoline from the shed. Kyle and Sam love to play on it. We figured the snow was over. (It snowed 4 days after this)
 Not being able to practice soccer is not fun for me, but I am still able to practice by myself and do some juggling. Our neighbors have an awesome sport court where I can go practice ball control.
 While on a walk, my mom and Sam found a wandering dog named Lulu. Sam fell in love with the dog, and my mom (who is not a pet person) liked Lulu a lot. They returned the dog to its owners and became friends. The owners let us take Lulu on walks, and Sam loved every minute of it. I really like Lulu a lot as well.
 The quarantine has been really boring. But we still find ways to keep entertained. Like wrapping Sam in every blanket in the house. Or making cookies. Or reading every book we have. I should say "We'll look back on this day and laugh" but I'm not so sure. I need to get out!
 As I mentioned, snow in late March is apparently common up here. Everyone but my family knows (I guess that's what you get when you're the new family). So, we went sledding. Sam likes to have snowball fights, but only he can throw snowballs. If you throw any back, he screams at you.
It's been an odd month, one that I'm sure no one alive has ever experienced. In all of my confusion, I know I can turn to the Spirit and my Savior for guidance. I know we'll see the light at the end of the tunnel eventually. We just have to be patient. 
Love you all!
Brandon David Barnhisel

No comments:

Post a Comment