Thursday, January 2, 2020

December Letter

Dear Family & Friends,
     Hello everyone! I have had a great December. This was the start of my first winter in my new home. We get a lot more snow here. Even though we moved, we drove back down to Gardner Village like we used to do every year.We got to see the Christmas lights and decorations, and I even dropped by my old work. It was comforting to have something familiar in my life.


 For Christmas this year, we had or Christmas party at Grandma's house for the first time in a couple years. We went on Christmas Eve, and it was nice to remember all the Christmas celebrations I had in the valley, with my family.
 As I have got older, I don't want much for Christmas. The magic fades slightly, but I remember what Christmas is really about. The best thing about the Christmas season is my school break now.
 On stormy days on the mountain, we have shoveled the driveway as much as three times in a single day. Thankfully, we have a snowblower and a new plow we put on an ATV that makes it a lot easier.
 In Woodland Hills, as the name suggests, we have great hills. And what better to do on hills in the winter than sledding! Sledding was pretty fun, although I had the task of repeatedly dragging Sam and his sled up the hill.
 We also got a Foosball table for Christmas. It's literally a table representation of my favorite sport, so I love it. My brothers and I, as well as my dad, love to play Foosball. It's something nice to do when I'm stuck at home.
For New Year's eve, we did a cake war. After some slight hiccups, I managed to get it looking alright. I'm not sure what I thought of 2019. There was a lot of change, and I had to leave a lot of stuff behind. I hope that I begin to get more used to my new life in 2020, and I hope everyone has a great first year of the new decade.
School had been going good. I have good grades, and can't wait for the high school soccer season. I have been getting closer to my family, and I am getting close to a lot of big decisions in my life. Bye!
   Sincerely,
           Brandon Barnhisel

No comments:

Post a Comment