Dear Family & Friends,
Hey everyone! I have had a great July. We took new family pictures this month. Our old ones were outdated. The pictures were really cool.
We have a tradition Fourth of July morning. At around 5 in the morning, we go up to Silver Lake and the area around it and do a hike. We go so early, we see almost nobody else. After, we go to a parade with candy.
We went swimming on the Fourth of July at Uncle Wyatt's house. Sam swam in a donut. We also went to the Cottonwood Heights pool this month. It had platforms like the Kearns pool, and Sam enjoyed swimming in a little tube.
One of me and my friends favorite activity is baking cookies. We do it almost every time someone is over. The cookies ALMOST always turn out fine.
My soccer team and I played in the Impact Tournament. In the preliminaries, we were beaten by a Copper Mountain team 5-1. However, when we played them in the final, we came out on top, winning 2-1. We got cool medals and pins for taking the tournament!
I went on Trek for the first time this month. It was hard work, but it was way fun and I met a lot of people. I even learned how to square dance! However, it felt really good getting off that bus at the end of it all.
I had no time to rest, as 2 hours after I got home from Trek, I went to the Rocky Mountain Cup, a soccer game between Real Salt Lake and the Colorado Rapids. The end result was a 2-2 tie. Kyle got to escort one of the players out, and he played on the field during halftime! It was a cool experience and I saw a lot of people I knew.
We went to the Homestead in Midway, Utah. There we visited the crater, which is exactly what it sounds like. It is an underground cave filled with mineral water. We got to swim there and it was way cool.
My team played in another tournament. However, this time, we were plagued with a bad call in the first game. We still got to the third-fourth place game, and at the end of the game, we were tied 2-2. We went to penalties, and I got to take one. I scored! We ended up winning 3-4 in penalties.
I hope everyone has had a good July. I will be going to high school on August 20th, and getting my drivers license in October. See you later!
Brandon
No comments:
Post a Comment