Friday, June 30, 2017

June Letter

Dear Family & Friends,

    Hi. I have had a great month. I drove for my first time this month, despite that I am only 14. I drove up on the dirt roads of Wyoming, because there were almost no people up there. I really got a feel of driving, and it was cool but kind of scary.


 We took Sam to the cabin for the first time. He really loved the breeze and the sun. We protected him from the mosquitoes by setting up a sunshade with mosquito net, and we discovered that inside the sunshade, the light for pictures is perfect. Overall, I think Sam had a good first trip to the cabin.


 While at the cabin, my brothers, my dad and I went hunting for coyotes. My dad was suspicious that there were coyotes nearby, and his thoughts were confirmed (or so he thought) when we found a den made of sticks on the outskirts of our prophecy. He took a gun and shot into it, and not a coyote but a red fox ran out, followed by another. We were glad they were just foxes!


 I went to my second year of BYU soccer camp this month. This time, my roommate was my friend Sam from my soccer team. It was cool. While there, we had many practice sessions each day, and I bought lots of BYU soccer merchandise. My team actually made it to the finals of the camp tournament, despite us being underdogs who had only won one game previously. I love soccer camp, and I will go again next year.


 Me and my brothers go to the pool often. I can do lots of tricks off the diving boards. It is a great way to cool off, and I usually go with my friends.


 Me and my family went to a Real Salt Lake soccer game, and my seat was in the owner's box! Real played Minnesota United FC, and they won 1-0. It was a great game, and Real could have scored many more goals.

 I ran a soccer camp this summer. Between five classes, I made over $800. This is my largest class. I do this every year, as it helps me pay for my own soccer camp. It was a fun experience.


 My cousins and grandpa were in town because of my cousin Adeline's baby blessing, and my brother Eric's priesthood ordination. We went to a drive-in movie theater and saw "Despicable Me 3" & "Cars 3". I ate a lot of popcorn, and it was fun. We ended up getting home at about 2 in the morning, but that's okay.

Anyways, I have had a good month.  I am taking an online course over the summer, and I have an A. I have been having a good summer, and I hope you do too.

See you later,
        Brandon David Barnhisel

No comments:

Post a Comment