Saturday, December 31, 2016

December Letter

Dear Family & Friends,

Hello. I have had a great last month of 2016. This month we went to Temple Square to see the lights. We went with our grandma, and it was very fun.


We have lot of different Christmas Traditions. We go to Gardner Village, we make gingerbread men and cookies, we do puzzles, and we open one present on Christmas Eve.


 When we went to Gardner Village, we saw the elves that are out up every Christmas. They were in new places. There were also lights put up everywhere. They were really beautiful.  


I got good loot this Christmas. I got:
  • The video game "Terraria"
  • My brothers got the video game "Super Smash Bros" which we all play
  • Two jackets
  • New running shoes
  • Adidas Sandals
  • A "Scott Sterling" T-shirt
  • A BYU cap and a Denver Broncos Cap
  • The movie "When the Game Stands Tall" (An awesome movie)
  • A headlamp
  • A leatherman pocket knife
  • Vans Socks
  • Lots of candy
  • A BYU decal to put on my wall
  • A homemade snow globe
  • Trading cards
  • 1 Admission to "Rogue One" 
  • A BYU blanket
This is one of my favorite presents, "Terraria".


 One of the jackets I got was from Grandma Chris.  She gave them to all the teenage grandsons. It is an awesome jacket.


I got an awesome BYU cap. It is my new favorite hat. I also got a Broncos hat.


I also got an awesome T-shirt. My grandpa sent us a German nutcracker. It now stands next to our Irish nutcracker. This is cool because my mom's family comes from Ireland, and my dad's family comes from Germany.


On Christmas morning, we went and did service. We shoveled a widow's driveway, as well as our own. It was so great to give service like Christ would at this time of year.


As one of my final presents, I got a new room. I moved to my brothers room, and it got painted blue and gray. I hung the BYU decal on the wall, and along with my BYU blanket, I have a BYU themed room.


Before New Year's Eve, we went to my cabin. We went sledding down a big hill with my cousins. I wiped out a lot. It was cold, but still a great experience.


This has been the best Christmas I've ever had. I hope that you have all had a great month, and that we can all think of Christ not just this Christmas season, but all year for every year left to come. I love my family.

Love Brandon David Barnhisel

No comments:

Post a Comment