Dear Family & Friends,
Hello! I have had a great month! My brother got baptized this month. We went to his baptism with a lot of family. Right after, we didn't even have a brunch because we all had soccer games!
Mother's Day was fun this month. We made a special breakfast for Mom, french toast and sausage, which I helped make. We went to church after, which of course makes the whole day better.
I finished my school soccer season this month. In the season we won 6 games and lost 4 games. I managed to score 3 goals as a defender. We made it farther than the school team had ever gotten in the tournament, the quarterfinals. I helped win our first tournament game in Hawthorn history by scoring the winning goal from half field in the final minutes. I played defense the whole season, which is different, but fun.
My rec team dominated in our league, as we were undefeated. We won 7 games and tied 1 game. I had 14 goals and 8 assists this season. I helped win our final game by scoring in the final minutes. My team is great. They are all nice. Another weird thing is that we are the smallest team in the league in terms of player size, but we are still the best. We play to win!
We went to the cabin on Memorial Weekend. I spent a lot of time whittling and throwing knives at a target. I enjoy the cabin because I get to leave the crowds an pollution of the valley behind. It was fun.
I went swimming for the first time this summer. I am still pasty, but I will get tan! I like doing flips and backflips off diving boards.
This is going to be a great summer! I got a gym pass, so I am starting to work out with my parents. I have a week left in school, and my grades are good, as I got High Honor Roll 3/4 quarters of this year. I love the summer! I hope you have a great summer as well.
Love Brandon David Barnhisel
No comments:
Post a Comment