Saturday, June 30, 2012

June Letter

Dear Family & Friends,

Hello!  I had a fun packed month.  My school got out on June 1st and I had an End of Summer party.  We threw water balloons, played in the water and ate pizza.  All the Danielson's (our best friends) were there as well as David Peters who is another friend.  I am a little bit happy and a little bit sad that school is out.  I am happy because I get to do lots of things like swimming and playing with friends.  I am a little bit sad because I like my teacher a lot and I won't see her again because she retired. 


On to all the fun summer activites we have been doing.

I went to the Erickson family reunion at the Stairs Plant.  I was hiking up close to the camp ground when I slipped and fell down a rock slide.  I got up because I got a couple scratches and then it was weird because my head bonked against a branch and then I fell down another rock slide.  That was really bad luck.  But I was ok.  Lots of my cousins and family were there.  I especially liked playing with Aunt Emma and Uncle Mark.  Emma and Mark are really good at soccer and I played it with them.


Father's day was fun.  Dad got a leaf blower, a LEGO Harry Potter video game (very good) and a Book of Mormon movie.  We went to Aunt Lindsay's homecoming that day at their church.


I played soccer on a team called the Red Serpents and this month we finished up the season.  We were really good but the only problem was we had the smallest team in the league.  It was fun because Jace Danielson was on my team.  Plus my friends: Austin J, McKenna, Austin & Nadia and their cousin Kaitlyn.  I love playing soccer.  :)  My coach was my mom.  She is the best coach in the world.     


We went on a hike up Lamb's Canyon.  Me and Eric like whacking these plants that look like umbrellas with sticks.  There were lots of butterflies up there.  It has been really hot lately but we went in the morning so it would be cool and nice.


The biggest thing that happened this month is that our family got a dog named Chunky.  I have been wanting a dog for like 4 years.  His color is called Black Smoke and he is a Mini Schnauzer.  He knows how to sit, wait and come so far.  He is a great dog!  It is so great to finally have a dog.


For the summer, mom got me and Eric swim passes for the pool right behind our house so we can go to the pool everyday.  I can swim really well.  I do flips off the high dive and the low dive.  I can also do cannon balls, pencils, stick mans and dreidels.  A dreidel is when you spin off the board really hard and you keep spinning in the air.  I got dizzy when I tried it off the high dive.  I often go to the pool with my friends AJ Brakey and David Peters.  I also like to go down the slide and I have a squirt gun that looks like a shark and it shoots water out of it's mouth.  I also have lots of other pool toys like balls and rings.  Me and David can twist the rings so they look like handcuffs and put them on each other.  David and AJ are fun to play with.  :) 


When I am not at the pool or taking a break to read books, I spend a lot of time playing with my friends.  One game we liked to play this month was called Epic Larking.  Epic Larking is a game where you fight with swords and you go on missions to earn money to buy new weapons.  I was a theif and my nickname was Fenrihr.  I had a double sword and I had a claw which is a gun with a claw on the end that theifs use to steal things from people.  All the older boys in the neighborhood played it.

Goodbye.  I hope I see you soon.

Love Brandon David Barnhisel

No comments:

Post a Comment