Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March Letter

Dear Family & Friends,

In March I have been going to some of my friends houses, going to school and I have also been really busy with dinosaur stuff.

I just went off track from school for three weeks. This is my first week off track. I spend a lot of my time reading dinosaur encyclopedias.

I am going to give you a dinosaur lesson. First, this picture is of me holding a deinonychus.


Deinonychus is not the biggest known deinonychid but it is 4 meters and a bigger raptor is the Utah raptor which is 6 meters. Deinonychus is my favorite meat eater this month. Utah raptor is the biggest known deinonychid. And another deinonychid is Velocipraptor. It is 2 meters. It is smaller then Deinonychus and Utah raptor but just as fierce. Another deinonychid is Unenlagia. It is a relative of Velociraptor but 1 meter bigger, 2-3 meters. Another deinonychid is Dromaeosaurus. It is the first deinonychid to be discovered and it is the one who gave the name to the whole group, the deinonychid. And the last deinonychid that is well known is Saurornitholestes. It is also a relative of velociraptor and they are the same size. They are both 2 meters. They are smaller then the others in their group. And that is all the deinonychids.

My favorite plant eater this month is Stegasaurus. It is my favorite because it has a spiky tail that protects it from predators. It can swing its tail and smash the legs of its attacker.

My favorite fish eater this month is Baryonyx. It is my favorite fish eater because it is the biggest European dinosaur and it has a big claw on its arm for stabbing fish.

And this is my last favorite, the 2 footed plant eater. It is Iguanodon. It is my favorite because I like that it was found in Baryonyx stomach. That gives them two fossils found at the same time in the same place. And that Iguanodon was young.

I would love to hear from all of you.

Love Brandon David Barnhisel

No comments:

Post a Comment